Just because you don't have a need to work in rabidly changing light doesn't mean no one does.I'm not saying everyone works the same or has the same needs,

Now Nikon at the top end supports their "aperture simulator" well at least one of them. Pentax could make theirs work more easily, they don't have the issue where a "K" mount lens of the wrong series mounted on a "K" mount body might actually damage the Lens or Body.

Fuji has developed an entire series of new lenses that have *gasp* aperture rings, that photographers even new photographers, who have never shot film, think are the cat's meow, (yes, I chose that particular superlative for a reason), and find extremely intuitive, something a lot of us have known for years and never forgot.

It would be relatively trivial for Pentax to support the aperture ring on all legacy lenses that have one.

However I'm not making a point about any of that. I'm just pointing out that if you need a whole new lens suite when moving up to a new body, there is no rational reason to stick with the old system. Rationally you should pick the system that offers the most cost effective solution. Unfortunately that's not likely to be Pentax.

It's not that I have no interest in buying new lenses. There are budgetary issues, and I have a full Pentax K mount range consisting of K, (and M), A, F and FA lenses from 17mm (Fisheye) to 300mm), with a few Classic Vivitar Series 1, (and a couple of oddballs that defy description), mixed in. I bought the best I could at the time. They were an investment in the best quality I could afford.

Thirty year old lenses are pretty good. If you don't pixel peep but print out images at 300 DPI you will find that 30 year old lenses hold up pretty well. I've got a couple of images of a Hawk taken with an A*300 F4.0 and F 1.7X where the lens and TC pretty much out preform the sensor, (K20D). That's a 30 year old lens that's pretty much a mount update of a 35 year old lens design. For all practical purposes, while the later * 300 lenses may be marginally better, in a 250 DPI or 300 DPI print, or for that matter reasonable screen resolution, not pixel peeping, (because God knows at a 400% view), you can find defects in anything, it's as good as you need.

My final word, (quoted by many, so I don't know who to attribute it to), "you date cameras. you marry lenses", if I've got to divorce my lenses, I won't necessarily, in fact probably won't marry back into the same family. There's only so much of any kind of abuse I can take. I'll look for a different kind of abuse, at least it will be different.