Ken Waller wrote:

> > My real interest is forest and landscape images, and the great
> > majority of these are done with ISO as low as it can go, on a tripod.
> > In general terms, it's this I miss film for.
>
> What's to miss - you can still shoot at low ISO ?
> Not understanding your comment.

Goes back to earlier in the thread, it's the film vs digital element. It's
the discipline of getting the images you want with a film camera knowing you
have 'x' amount of exposures on the film, and so spending more time really
thinking about the image you want. No looking at the back of the camera for
a peek at a histogram or the image just taken.

I still miss slide film, from the comments here, very much a minority thing
- and using a Pentax too - how small a minority is that (annual party in a
'phone box)? I'm looking forward to reliving those past moments of developed
film landing on the door mat.

I am well aware that many people will not get that.

Malcolm