On 2015-03-02 23:02 , Brian Walters wrote:
I'm wondering whether one or two hiking poles might help - these are the
ones I'm considering:

http://www.photographybay.com/2015/01/16/manfrotto-officially-launches-off-road-backpacks-walking-sticks-tripods/

i've used hiking poles for 20 years or so, mainly for stability on mountain hikes and to give my knees a break; i don't think i've noticed that they help my stamina; i've used telescoping versions but the newer folding types can be lighter and quicker to pack/unpack

i've had a couple that had camera mounts, and i always thought it was a good idea, but in practice i never wound up using the feature; it could be more about my photography habits than about whether the idea works, but i think a quick release would be better than screw mount