On 21/03/2015 9:33 AM, P.J. Alling wrote:
I really should read these things before I hit send.

At least then someone would read them.

Sorry Peter, you really left yourself open for that one.

bill

On 3/21/2015 11:26 AM, P.J. Alling wrote:
Currently?

Digital:  K-5II with my battered and broken K20D as backup, (that
camera took a lickin' and is still tickin')* and my still working
fully functional *ist-DS** for shooting places I just don't want to
risk even the K20D.  <strole>I also have an intermediate model, (a mix
of early and late),</strike>

Film:  I have an intermediate model, (a mix of early and late), LX
with film loaded that I haven't actually taken a photos with in some
time, an MX in the same boat, and a Kodak Medalist II that I shoot a
roll of Classic film with every couple of months, sad to say I have no
way of scanning the <strike> genitives</stirike>, negitives so after
processing them I admire the tonalities and then file them away for
later...

* Partial list of damage, broken SD card door, out of alignment AF
point indicators, cracked, (very), eyepiece glass, (in bright sunlight
the view can be described as psychedelic.  Repair would be so much
more than replacement.

** There is a weird esoteric ritual having to do with alkaline
batteries that must be performed before the camera will operate with
Lithium batteries after it's been sitting a while.  It's sad when we
get old...

On 3/21/2015 3:59 AM, Malcolm Smith wrote:
Following on from the previous thread, what make of camera do you now
use,
and has it changed over the years?

>From 1977 to 2014 I used almost exclusively Pentax equipment,
although I had
a brief and disappointing fling with an Olympus in the early 90s. I
still
use Pentax *most* of the time, but I now have a Canon camera as well,
which
serves a different purpose.

Malcolm