Bob Blakely wrote:
"As I understand it, the concept of multicoating was originally developed by
NASA."
Yes, it was developed by OCLI (Optical Coating Laboratory, Inc. at
http://www.ocli.com/ in California.

"...it was Asahi Optical that developed and patented the current process that makes
such accurate coatings mass producible."

Well, I'm under the impression--from the Contax or Zeiss list, I think--that Pentax
didn't really improve upon it all that much; they simply bought the exclusive rights.

"I further understand that (at least for some time), companies that desired to produce
accurate multicoatings paid a royalty to Asahi Optical. Some companies elected to
license only a part of the process, others decided to go their own way."

True.

You can enjoy the same coatings on your computer monitor by looking for a monitor or
glare screen that uses OCLI coating.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]