I carry a spare battery for the K-3, but I don't have any way to
recharge a depleted battery until I get to somewhere I can plug the
charger into an AC outlet. When I'm out and about, there's no where I
can leave the charger plugged in until the battery is recharged.

I have an after-market charger for the K10D/K20D batteries that plugs
into the cigarette lighter socket in my car. I'm looking into something
similar for the K-3.

I ran across this charger at B&H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/837324-REG/watson_d_3704_duo_lcd_charger_f_pentax.html

It has the adapter to plug into the cigarette lighter socket. It also
has interchangeable plates, so I could use it to charge both D-LI90 &
D-LI50 batteries ...

http://www.poweredbywatson.com/detail?sku=836526

... and if the putative Full-Frame Pentax DSLR uses still another
battery, I could probably find a plate to fit it as well.

Does anyone on the list have experience using the Watson charger,
especially in a mobile environment?