On 23 Apr 2002 at 20:37, Collin Brendemuehl wrote:

> Perhaps.  But are the lenses really that good?
> I'll bet the M's are better!

Hi Collin,

Having owned Leica R gear and owning Leica M and Pentax SLR equipment I
wouldn't hesitate to say that I think that the Pentax 35mm SLRs complement the
Leica M cameras and lenses far better than the Leica R range. Leica M lenses
are
well known for their low weight per FL vs max aperture whereas the Leica SLR
50f2R lens is one of the biggest 50mm lenses that I have seen. All their R
glass
is over sized and overweight IMHO. The Leica R glass performs admirably but no
better than the good Pentax glass from my experience.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110