Well I do love my new computer - despite some harrowing problems that The help desk actually helped.

It started with a nightmarish encounter with malware - but that got solved... and I got Defender Pro for cheap because I'm old and nice :-)

THere are adjustments to be made, but the puter simply purrs - I was on the verge of returning it but the techie was so enthused about the hardware he said it was great and it should last me ten years. it
is 64 bit , btw -- someone asked... and the win 7 I have is win 7 pro.

NOW - Thunderbird...

Can someone explain to me in easy language how to transfer all of my email and thunderbird settings to the new computer? Is this possible?

And for a really stupid question... I wanted to load Adobe 5.0 and
Ive got the disk but when I open it on the new computer I don't see how
to ,um, make it go...

also, I want to see dos extensions on all my files and I don't remember
where I go to do that.

My neighbor and friend who would be helpful with some of this stuff
is awol - and probably wont' be around much in the next few weeks.

I am looking at pesos and admiring, sorry for skipping comments for a bit..

ann