John - thanks so much for the dos extension info - since the helpdesk guy thought I couldn't do it. ha!

IT appears that I can't run 5.0 adobe elements on the new puter but I was given 10.0 so we will see how I can adjust to that.

meanwhile, in the , grrrrr dept, I probably have to just stay off it
until Tuesday... although I'm considering unplugging the ethernet cable

THe helpdesk had said they should have been finished the tuneup last night and I should be able to use it.

.... 10 minutes later...
ok I pulled the ethernet cable and restarted the machine - can't see any harm here except confusing those techies

ann