Hi Guys,

I have a problem. I sold my Polaroid SS4000 to a Canadian guy, it took ages to
reach him, it was apparently stuck in customs. It left me working perfectly and
in pristine condition. It now doesn't appear to work, however there was no
signs of overly rough handling on the box (it was double boxed which made it a
huge package overall) and there seems to be nothing rattling inside. It has a
cold cathode tube (no filament AFAIK) for illumination which usually powers up
when the on button is depressed, now nothing however the scanner is visible on
the SCSI bus and controllable.

It seems to me like customs may have had a peek inside to see if I was shipping
more than a scanner? Does anyone know if they are in the habit of doing this as
I just can't think of any other reason that it would stop working like this?

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA