Several outstanding images in this month's PUG but Lake Superior really stands out - remarkable photo!

I enjoy visiting the U.P. in late June - the days are very long given the northern latitude and the blackfly season is usually winding down or maybe even over.

As for the cold weather - we visited Skanee in June, 2001 and had temps over 100F. The local paper said that L'Anse (the nearest actual town) hit 105F and was hotter than Phoenix, AZ that particular day. But then we visited Grand Marais in July, 2011 and nights dropped into the 30's with a steady 40mph wind off the lake. Had to fire up the furnace in the shack... er housekeeping cabin... we were staying it. Fun times up there.

Mark