On Wed, Jun 17, 2015, at 05:26 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:
> Also more expensive for folks like me who only need to upgrade about
> every two or three major versions.
>
> It's kinda like: what if Ford decided to remove the buy option and
> went to a "you can only lease" option for all their cars. So you get
> upgrades frequently but you are paying through the nose continuously
> for the rest of your days for more car and upgrades than you may need.
>
> I have an Audi I bought new in 1998. It still works just fine and I'm
> happy with it. I simply couldn't afford the you must lease option for
> that. Sure I'd be driving a 2014 Audi now, but I don't need it and I
> can't afford it. There's nothing wrong with my 1998.
>
> I don't like Adobe any more. I have to use their products to get what
> I want, but I don't like them, especially their marketing division.
> Software leasing is for well-heeled corporations, not retired folks on
> a fixed income. But they don't give a fuck. They smelled a huge
> cash-grab opportunity and went for it. Then high-fived each other for
> the rest of the week.

I don't have any love for Adobe either but the subscription-based model
works for me. I can't get my head around Lightroom but I use Photoshop
all the time. I originally got a hand-me-down version of CS3 but there
was no way I was ever going to be able to fork out the outrageous cost
of moving to CS6.

But 10 bucks a month? That's affordable - at least for now.  And I still
have CS3 lurking in case Adobe get extra greedy...

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia