Daniel J. Matyola wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 7:34 PM, Ken Waller <kwal...@peoplepc.com> wrote:
>> Similarily, there are single element 'close up' lenses that are only one
>> element like a filter and they screw on like a filter but are called lenses.
>
>Yes!  I have one of those someplace, but I haven't used it for 15 or 20 years.

The best ones are two elements cemented together and are achromatic.
Pentax made some really good ones, of which I have a couple in 77mm
thread. Quite useful when you don't want to carry a dedicated macro
lens. I've also got a Sigme 2-element close-up lens in 58mm size and
it's very, very good.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com