I strongly disagree with the last comment. As long as one does his
homework (checks used dealers for prices), talks to the seller to
clarify all the questions and keeps within the "70% off KEH" rule.
In fact, I think very often it's *safer* to buy on ebay than from a
dealer. On many occasions I had responses from dealers like "I cannot
describe the <item>, I don't have it at hand: too much of inventory,
but it's in an "ex[ex+/bgn]" condition." Duh! (I did get an "ex" lens
from Adorama with fungus. Yes, they took it back. But also I lost time
and $20 on shipping charges.)
Most of the ebay sellers, otoh, do take time to answer all the
questions to the best of their abilities.

--
http://fastmail.fm/ - IMAP accessible web-mail