Well, Thanks.......

that was as much as I wanted to spend. I think if I find that I'm
enjoying aspects about the lens then I'll search for a better one. From
the little I had time to read - it seemed like it was about 50/50 on
positives and negatives.    I think it'll suit me for right now......if
not, well, lesson learned, I guess.....

take care,

Julia