I don't watch baseball for the excitement, I watch it for the annoyance.

On 9/7/2015 12:03 AM, Ken Waller wrote:
Yep, that's baseball.

15 minutes of excitement compacted into 3 hours.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Knarf" <knarftheria...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: PESO - Mr. Dickey Throws a K

On a baseball scorecard "K" denotes a strikeout.

Everything you wanted to know about scorecards:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_scorekeeping

As it turns out, in this case it should be a backwards "K" as the batter did not swing and took a called third strike ("went down looking", in baseballspeak).

Yes much of the game takes place in the infield. One of the difficulties of playing outfield (I know from experience) is being ready when the ball is hit your way; one can go many innings without making a play.

Thanks for the comment!

Cheers,

frank