On 10/1/2015 11:09 AM, Eric Weir wrote:

Not photography-related, but a couple years ago I couldn’t get my
furnace to run. I  called a friend who works in the industry and does
freelance work on the side. He looked at the thermostat, switched it
from cool to heat, and the problem was solved. I felt pretty stupid,
but was more than happy to give him $50 for his trouble.

So we have a Bosch dishwasher. It's actually done well for us, it's coming up on 11 years old. We bought it because it had the fewest buttons of any machine in the showroom. Anyway, a few years ago it stopped washing dishes. It made all the right noises, and was definitely pumping water around inside, but not doing dishes. I called a service guy in who charged me a hundred and twenty to push a friction fit tube that supplies the top sprayer arm back into it's socket.

Boy did I feel ripped off.