> I agree whole-heartedly.  Why people feel that every "interesting"
> item they see on eBay has to be announced to the list is beyond
> me.  If I/we want it, we'll find it.

> So hey, gang, how about keeping your discovery of those treasures
> to yourself.  If you know that someone's looking for a particular
> item, and you really want to be helpful, send 'em a private email.
> Or, better yet, buy it yourself and send it to 'em as a gift.

Shel, you and Paul have stated the case very well.  Reflecting on
the subject line of this thread, I would say that every time that an
"interesting" eBay item is mentioned (i.e., advertised at no cost to
the seller) here on the PDML, the ~seller~ automatically becomes the
one that has "WON!!! at Ebay".

Just one point more:  I wonder just how many (few?) times there have
been where someone has spotted something "interesting" on eBay -
something so "interesting" that he/she wanted to bid on it
him/herself - that he/she ~still~ blabbed about it on the PDML
anyway...

Fred