Larry Colen wrote:

> I'm quite interested in hearing about the relative merits and drawbacks
> of all of the weather sealed lenses, as my 16-50 is my only lens in
> that category.

I don't generally worry too much about taking equipment out in poor
conditions, WR or not, but on one occasion I got caught out and I got stuck
briefly in a nasty downpour. Both the camera and lens were fine however,
much to my surprise, and no problems have been found with either since that
time over a year ago.

As my little part of the world is now getting regular rain again - and
torrential it was this morning, with the end of my garden still flooded - a
WR lens gives me peace of mind whilst out and about, particularly as I take
loads of photos in forest land where trees drip hours after the rain has
stopped.

Malcolm