On Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 08:29 AM, Malcolm Smith wrote:
> I have the opportunity to add either an 18-135mm WR lens, or a 16-85mm WR
> lens to my collection at a discount.
>
> In the past I would have jumped to add another lens, but as I already
> have
> the 18-55mm WR & 55-300mm WR lenses, I am struggling to see what
> advantage I
> would gain by acquiring either of these. I don't want equipment to sit in
> boxes, I want things that will get regular use.
>
> Is there any point in considering either of these, just in case I'm
> missing
> something that makes one worthwhile?

I have the 18-135 and it's become my most used lens. My 16-45 has got
very little use since I got the 18-135.  Maybe my IQ standards are not
as stringent as those of other people but I have absolutely no problem
with the lens.

Having said that, reviews suggest the 16-85 is superior but I'd find
that too short on the telephoto end.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters