Appreciate the comments Rob. I'd be curious to know what Paul
Stenquist sees on his new 5K Mac display. (See original post in this
thread, if you are wanting a diversion, Paul). Just a guess, but I
think he may see more than "subtle" differences.

Regarding your 2nd paragraph, it would be difficult to duplicate PSR
with just 4 shots. I'm no statistician, but PSR overcomes the Bayer
array with its 4 precise shots. Simply put, taking a theoretical
pixelsite-sized section of your overall image, any handheld shot you
take has a 50% chance of being a green one, a 25% chance of being a
red one, and a 25% chance of being a blue one. That does not equal
100% chance of getting that exact distribution with 4 random handheld
shots.

Also, you are going to have to deal with any subject movement from the
time you take your first exposure to the time you end your last one
(same problem for PSR).
In any event, the point is that the camera takes care of your exercise
FOR you. You don't HAVE to do the tedious combination of separate
images that you describe. The camera does it for you. Although you can
work with the huge RAW file yourself, if you wish. I have yet to
experiment with that.

That being said, I'd be interested in seeing what a burst of 8 shots
at 8 fps would look like compared to PSR. Might have to put that on my
list of things to do, unless someone beats me to it.

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.