That should be "your display", damned f!&@$#n' spell checker, you'd think by now that I'd have learned to watch how it corrects suspect words...

On 10/23/2015 1:54 PM, P.J. Alling wrote:
Probably you're display can't actually show the differences. I don't see any differences either. I know that the display I'm using isn't nearly as good as the Hitachi SuperScan CRT that it replaced.

On 10/23/2015 12:01 AM, Alan C wrote:
Am I missing something? Can't see a difference.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Darren Addy
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 11:04 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: A side-by-side Pixel Shift Resolution comparison with 77mm Limited atf/11

My K-3II arrived today and so I had to try out the Pixel Shift
Resolution during afternoon break. Found an obliging dusty rack of
electrical wire that agreed to serve as my subject. The 77mm f/1.8
limited is a very sharp lens (as anyone who has one will tell you).

What you see in the link below is an image blown up to 100% (actual
pixels). Each is an 863 pixel x 994 pixel crop of the full 6016 x 4000
pixel image.

Conditions: Same exposure (2 sec. f/11, ISO 100) focused manually,
shutter fired with the 12 second self-timer. The only thing that
changed between shots was that I turned on Pixel Shift Resolution
(without moving anything). On the left is a standard out of camera
JPEG and on the right the JPEG produced with Pixel Shift Resolution.

Click on it with your browser cursor to see it at 100%:
http://www.antiqueauto.org/assets/PSRComparison.jpg

At least for cooperative subjects, it looks (to me) like all my lenses
just magically got significantly better.

immortality through not dying.
-- Woody Allen