> On Nov 8, 2015, at 11:10 AM, David Parsons <parsons.da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In the Library module, right click on the folder, and select Remove.
> It will tell you that the folder will be removed from Lightroom, but
> the files will remain on the disk.
>
> If you are moving things around outside of Lightroom, don't keep
> importing them, update the folder locations in Lightroom by right
> clicking on the folder in the Library module and select Update Folder
> Location and point it to the new spot.  This way all the work you've
> done on the files will move over and be associated with the files
> correctly and you won't have duplicate file entries.

Thanks, David. Now I’m a bit concerned. First, the reason for the first move
was failure of the hard drive on which I was keeping my photos. The switch to
the other drive involved importing the database on the backup drive, which I
believe—though I am now a little uncertain—was up-to-date. I purchased and
installed an 8 TB WD My Book Duo (two 4 TB drives), I have a copy of the backed
up database on one of the new drives, and would like to use it as the original
location of the database.

Something else that may be relevant is that in the process of getting the new
setup configured the way I wanted it copied the original backup of the database
to one of the new drives so I could reformat and reparation my original backup
drive. In the process I renamed the drive (My Book from My Book 2, because
there was now only one My Book). So my concern: Have I lost the data on my
edits of images in the process of doing what I just described?

Second, right clicking the folders in LR has no effect. Is that because LR is
not currently connected to the database? If so, given what I described above, I
am going to have to reimport the database?

Thanks again,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

“[I]t is a sign of great inner insecurity to be hostile to the unfamiliar.”

- Anais Nin