Germany was not intent on world domination. Hitler wanted a "Grossdeutschland",
a sort of Super Germany which would include all the ethnic Germans in Europe,
plus "Lebensraum" - living space, essentially buffer states much like the USSRs
East European satellite states post WWII. He wanted to defeat Russia, more to
eradicate communism that actually take over Russia. He'd have never fought the
Battle of Britain had Britain not opposed Germany's eastern expansion.

This was not world domination. He wanted Eastern Europe.

Japan wanted to be treated as an equal by Britain and the US. That included the
ability to deal with "it's part of the world" (Manchuria, China, the Pacific
islands) the same way the US treated the Americas and Britain treated their
Empire.

Again, domination  of their part of the world, not world domination.

I'm rather taken aback that you would say that taking these rather orthodox
historical views is anything like Holocaust denial.

As far as ISIS, I'm not saying they shouldn't be stopped and I'm not saying
they aren't evil. What I'm saying is that what we're doing now will guarantee a
continuation of similar attacks to what we saw on Friday - or worse.

Cheers,

frank

--

"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." -- Henri Cartier-Bresson