When I was a kid, I wondered: if Japan wanted to take over the world, and
Germany wanted to take over the world, what would have happened if the Axis
powers actually won WWII?

They'd be standing staring at each other, prolly in Russia or in the middle of
the Pacific or something, all like, "What do we do now? We can't, like, split
up the world 'cause we each want World Domination! Geez, we never figured on
this happening. I guess we have to fight each other to the death now."

Well, I grew up and actually took some history courses and learned that neither
of them really wanted to take over the world. Only The Brain really wanted that
and he's quite insane.

They (Germany and Japan) were definitely bad guys. At least their leaders were.
They did nasty and horrible things. Like atrocities in China. And using POWs as
slave labour to buildevi railways. And the Holocaust.

But just because they were evil doesn't mean they wanted to take over the
world. They just had a warped sense of what they were entitled to and we're
prepared to kill lots of people to do it. We added the "take over the world"
thing as wartime propaganda to galvanize our citizenry against the enemy - they
needed that, especially in the US where there was a lot of pro-German
sentiment. That's maybe why you guys stood by and did nothing while Germany
bombed the living crap outta London and the rest of England.

And I'll say it again to you Paul, suggesting that my description of history
(which as Mark says is quite orthodox) is in some way akin to Holocaust denial
is really stooping quite low. It's an association fallacy and quite irrelevant
to the discussion at hand.

Finally, I'd ask you to read my posts again. I never said ISIS IS okay. In fact
I said they're evil.

Evil is not the same as okay.

When you attribute such a statement to me you're being quite dishonest. I'll
grant you that perhaps you were exaggerating to make a point, but that's really
not okay.

Cheers,

frank

--

"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." -- Henri Cartier-Bresson