Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

So … In the end, this equipment, or toy as you like to call it, was the right
choice for what I have in mind for my photography. I don't care what it cost
and what it's compared to; I've been planning and saving to buy it for a long
long time. It meets my fifteen year old brief for what I wanted in a digital
camera to the letter, and goes beyond it. So far, the performance I'm seeing
from it is nothing short of phenomenal. That's what is important to me.

Which, in the end all that matters is what is the right camera for you. For me, debating the Leica SL vs the M, I might as well debate Ferrari vs. Ford GT (buy interesting coincidence the only person I know who owns a Ford GT is named Godfrey), the chance of my owning any of them is vanishingly remote.

Onwards! Enough words … I think I'm going to pack the SL with Elmarit-R 19mm
and Elmar-M 24mm into my bag and take another walk around the block.. Maybe
I'll even bring a tripod. :-)

Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)