It appears to be a very nice camera, but for the cost of that body & kit
lens I could almost afford the Pentax "645Z Medium Format DSLR Camera
Comprehensive Starter Kit" from B&H.

On 11/20/2015 2:57 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
On Nov 20, 2015, at 12:50 AM, Steve Cottrell <co...@seeingeye.tv>
wrote:
On 20/11/15, Bob W-PDML, discombobulated, unleashed:
I'm pretty sure Cotty said it was the ugliest camera body he'd
ever seen.
Ah that. Yes. If Mattel got into photography ;-)

Cotty said that in reference to the Leica SL. I don't agree, but then
I don't care either.  ;-) (Sorry, Cotty.) I spend my time looking
through a camera, not at it.

I'll do some beauty shots of the SL with various lenses fitted (not
the cartoonishly large 24-90 zoom^B^B^B^Bhowitzer). I like its simple
and straightforward looks, but even more than that I like it's superb
feel, build, controls, and performance.

The controls are quite different from anything else (other than a
Leica S) and, with four days to learn it, I have to say it's one of
the very nicest modern cameras to use I've tried. Very configurable
with only a very few buttons and dials to remember, yet everything
falls to hand and operates very fast, and it's proving very easy to
learn and remember—even without any markings on the body to remind
you. I know more about all the SL's options and how to get what I
want out of them now, four days in, than I did with the Sony A7 after
a year and a half of using it…! That's really good design for a
complicated thing like a modern day pro-grade camera.