On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Igor PDML-StR <pdml...@komkon.org> wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> It is nice that it is in B&W: one cannot see the blood dripping from where
> the limbs were sawed off. :-)

Tut, tut, Igor. How distressingly conventional of you. I have to
assume that this image from Mapplethorpe would cause you even more
distress?  :)

http://www.mapplethorpe.org/exhibitions/2008-08-30_mai-36-galerie/

The closer one comes to a figure, the more intersections between body
parts and the frame will occur -- it's natural.

I intended this image to be not a portrait but a study of lines and
shadow. The dancer herself chose it as one of her favorites from a
group of more ordinary poses and crops.

Thank you for looking and commenting, Igor.

--
-bmw