The 16-45 I liked very much but it failed suddenly to zoom beyond around 28 and I replaced it with a Tamron 17-50/2.8 as an all-round zoom. But a few weeks ago, after about 5 years use of the Tamron lens, I felt with my bag and now the Tamron lens has a zoom problem. I didn't hesitate to buy a new Tamron 17-50/2.8 lens again for only 300 euro. I haven't done any tests but it looks like this Tamron lens is as sharp at 50 mm as my FA 50/1.4.

Henk