The built-in Photos app on the iPad is all I've used for processing the jpegs.
Other software out there AFAIK but Photos is good enough for what I needed so I
haven't explored other options.

With both the 645z and K-3 I am saving hi res jpegs in the 2nd slot, then
also used to charge the iPad. A major limitation of the iPad design is that it
has no SD slot, no USB slot. And the max memory is 128gb. But 128gb is enough
to hold quite a few jpegs. I did delete some obvious duds along the way, and
some of the files were from other cameras with smaller files, but I had
probably 8000 images from the trip with room to spare. (Having the jpegs on my
iPad was also my tertiary backup in case disaster befell both the SD cards and
the hard drive backup with the RAW files.)

For a shorter trip with much more modest expectations for number of images, I
believe I could work with the RAW files on the iPad. The memory limitation
would be a biggie, and last time I looked RAW processing on the iPad was
immature at best. The Photos app does surprisingly well for quick and dirty
jpeg processing.

Once home, I spent a few weeks going through everything using the RAW files on
my desktop, exported selected images as jpegs, loaded those onto my iPad within
a folder within Photos, and that becomes my portable gallery. I can do a slide
show on the iPad or connect via cable to an HDMI system or connect via wifi to
my Apple TV.

My wife's iPad mini would do everything just as well. Obviously smaller viewing
area (harder to inspect/modify, harder on your audience when you share your
portfolio via slide show on the tablet) and I think smaller max memory. The new
larger iPad Pro has many of the same general limitations but that screen is
beautiful!

Sent from my iPad