I can see that when I get a K-1 I'm going to need some more memory cards. I'll want two to keep in the camera, and (at least) a couple of spares so that I don't have to erase the cards until I'm done processing, certain of my backups etc.

I went to look at them online and they are variously rated with
Class 10, UHS-1, U1, U3. 80Mb/S max write speed, 10 Mb/S min write speed and so forth.

Is there a clear concise description of what to look for in an SD card for photographic applications?

Related question: specific recommendations for ones to look for, ones to avoid, and particularly good deals.