Pentax Fora seems to think that the new lens is made by Tamron, but AFAIK Pentax never had a relationship with them, while a number of Pentax and Tokina lenses were in recent history co developed, including the 10-17mm fisyeye zoom and the 12-24mm. I've seen no official announcement of a collaboration between Ricoh/Pentax and Tamaron, can't say for sure there wasn't one, but we know for sure there was and maybe is one between Pentax and Tokina.

It wouldn't be the first time that a rumor was started became common knowledge on the internet and was traced back to some idle speculation.