On 2/19/2016 5:02 PM, jtainter wrote:
Paul, its a Tamron lens, and is supposed to be pretty good. Pentax puts their
own coating on it.

The forthcoming 15-30 and 70-200 are also Tamron lenses. They are also supposed
to be good.

But in some ways Pentax never learns. They are still putting the SDM label on
new lenses.

So what are Pentax's lens designers doing?

Joe

Maybe somewhere in the transition from independent company to Hoya to
Ricoh they got laid off & are now working for Sigma/Tamron/Tokina.