I don't think you can go wrong with the K-3II. As Paul says, the APS-C cameras are superb.

In terms of getting out and shooting - I gave myself a photo-a-day assignment for 2016 - rather spontaneously around 4 PM New Year's day while contemplating that I hadn't dome much of any photo work in the preceding month. I've stuck to it and while much of what I've come up with is crap it has really forced me to shoot. In even just 3 months in there have been plenty of days where I have trudged out to get a photo when I would otherwise have stayed put. I highly recommend a PAD or PAW project to stimulate to photographic activity.

Mark