Mark C wrote:

> I don't think you can go wrong with the K-3II. As Paul says, the APS-C
> cameras are superb.
>
> In terms of getting out and shooting - I gave myself a photo-a-day
> assignment for 2016 - rather spontaneously around 4 PM New Year's day
> while contemplating that I hadn't dome much of any photo work in the
> preceding month. I've stuck to it and while much of what I've come up
> with is crap it has really forced me to shoot. In even just 3 months in
> there have been plenty of days where I have trudged out to get a photo
> when I would otherwise have stayed put. I highly recommend a PAD or PAW
> project to stimulate to photographic activity.

I certainly don't regret buying the K-3ii. I also started to take pictures
every day on the first of January this year, without fail; I've already
braved the high wind and rain today to take some. I'd like to say that I had
some grand plan, but the truth of the matter is that I needed to force
myself out every day to exercise and deal with some back issues (successful
so far), and also because it's pointless owning such a camera and not using
it. The next purchase is another 4TB hard drive, as the smaller drive I use
day to day is almost at capacity, as a result of daily photography.

I do regret not pre-ordering a K-1. From what I've seen and read, it is
pretty much exactly what I would have wanted from a full frame camera. I'd
also feel confident about the purchase being right first time, whereas some
cameras that are new get recalled to get things fixed - isn't the Nikon D750
(certain batches?) on a second recall?

Malcolm