Sorry Stan. You are a nice guy but, in this case, you are being very very naive.

I take your denial as a challenge. Google-Fu is my superpower.
:)

The poster you are referring to goes by "zackiedawg" on boards.cruisecritic.com
His join date was Sept 2004 and he has 2195 post there. If ThIS post
is any indication, one may find out more about his personal life by
registering for the site, clicking on his username and selecting "Find
all posts by zackiedawg". One doesn't even have to do that to find out
that his location is Boca Raton, FL. You see, we have a tendency to
use the same username across multiple web sites, so simply Googling
"zackiedawg" will give you his member page at dpreview (and with a
membership you can find his posting history there where you could
glean much more about him, I'm sure). If he's lying about his
location,  then he's also lying about it on cameralabs.com, and
vwvortex.com (which he last visited today at 3:57 PM. (He has 3317
posts there and drives a 2015 Audi Allroad.) His pbase page gives us
his actual name.

Fortunately for him, his name is sort of generic so you can't just
plug in his name and find his address (for free anyway). There are
sites where you could buy a membership and get full reports on anybody
you want - so a professional criminal could easily get full reports on
all of them. Whoever had a 2015 Audi Allroad registered to him would
be the dead giveaway.

Each site to which someone registers has a Profile page and each
profile page can contain additional clues of identity. His VWVortex
page says that he is in the Financial/Insurance career. So you google
his name, city and "Insurance" for example, and you find his work
email and position (which I did). His office is about 15 miles from
Boca Raton. His work contact page tells us that he went to Tulane
University. But really the only thing you need to nail down an
identity from a range of people with the same name in the same town is
a middle initial or an age. Whitepages.com will often give you an
exact address and even a Google map with a pin for your address.

In addition, any of those message boards are potentially places for
social engineering to take place. All one would have to do is engage
in some forum back-and-forth or a private message to find out whatever
small piece of information you need to pin down an exact identity (how
old they are or what their middle name is, for example). Once you know
where somebody works it is a short hop to knowing when they will be at
work (not at home), whether they are married, have kids, etc. All
figuring out a good time to break into the house.