My taking photos every day project has started to fill up hard drive space
so quickly, to the extent that I need to move it somewhere bigger. This
doesn't even cover the scanning of photos & slides. I have backup drives
which are large, but I've just got a 5Tb drive to move Lightroom onto.

Now, I'm not the best at computer related activities, but it seems I can set
up said new drive as a new folder within Lightroom, and drag and drop the
contents of the old drive onto the new. This will take some hours to move
the images. Having relocated the pictures, I then have to tell Lightroom to
recognise that all the pictures are there, and that's where it should look
for them. I have no doubt the procedure is hidden in a large book on
Lightroom I have.

All I really want to know is if someone here has already had to do this, and
aside from the long copying time, did all go OK?

Malcolm