I don't recommend a pre soak.  It has, for me, upset the development
time and i could never get consistent results.  It has been said that
when the film has received a pre soak, uptake of developer may not be
consistent.

I'd like to get some comments regarding consistent, or inconsistent,
development due to the pre soak.

I see no benefit to it IAC, but of course, I am prejudiced to my own
style and technique.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]