On 6/1/2016 3:41 AM, Malcolm Smith wrote:
Bill wrote:

Something to consider for slide copying would be a pro grade slide
duplicator such as this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/pro-beseler-model-4102-deluxe-dual-mode-slide-
duplicator/171687681022?hash=item27f9621bfe

They use a T mount adapter, so there is no problem mounting the camera
of choice, and as the price on this one shows, they can be had pretty
cheaply, as the market for them is next to zero.
A local lab that went out of business here a few years ago gave me
their duplicator for free.

Noted. I'm looking at all options. I need to find something like this
in the UK. I've seen various duplicators more frequently on eBay USA,
but the issue for buying one is not only customs charges, but they
operate on 110V and not UK 240V mains.

Malcolm

The voltage difference shouldn't be a problem. When I went to Iraq I
bought an inexpensive voltage converter. I ran a bunch of 110/120VAC
60Hz stuff off of their 220VAC 50Hz supply using the converter.

I got one that was large enough to power a coffee maker & laser printer
simultaneously. IIRC, I paid less than $100 for it.

The only problem I had was the clock-timer in the Mr. Coffee I took with
me wouldn't keep accurate time.

Took me a few days to figure out what time the clock would think it was
in the morning if I set it to the correct time before going to bed.
After that I adjusted the "alarm" time to match & coffee would be ready
when I got up in the morning.