Shel: This is probably going off in a completely different direction than you
wanted but I'm wondering why you, or anyone for that matter, would continue
to process film and work in the darkroom when you have the option of doing it
all with the computer. I recognize that there is a certain amount of
enjoyment going into the darkroom and watching your film and pictures develop
right there in front of you. But the health concerns, the time and, of
course, the money involved in darkroom work makes a scanner, computer and
printer such a tempting alternative. And if it's B&W we're talking about.
Shoot colour and convert it to B&W, and your off and running. I would
hesitate to invest any money in traditional B&W techniques at this point...
Just my opinion
Vic