Yosemite? Sheesh, doesn't anyone ever keep up to date with software updates
that I and my colleagues sweat our lives away trying to improve on things with?
Don't answer that, it was rhetorical ... ;-)

Photos has had this bug since it was released. I and several hundred others
keep railing on about it. There is a fix, and it might be fixed in Sierra. I'll
look for it at home when I'm back there.