On 16/8/16, Godfrey DiGiorgi, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Yosemite? Sheesh, doesn't anyone ever keep up to date with software
>updates that I and my colleagues sweat our lives away trying to improve
>on things with? Don't answer that, it was rhetorical ... ;-)

Still on 10.8.5 and using my 2012 MBP professionally every day for video
editing and broadcast.

Why haven't I upgraded? Because I simply cannot afford the down-time
installing new system software which then requires literally hours of
attention making sure all my other software works properly, reliably,
continually.

Why? Because I use FCP 7 (FCS3) and it is not supported anymore.

Why? Because FCPX would require me to do a week-long course costing into
4 figures GBP to learn again what I already do. Not to mention the lost
earnings while I do the course.

i'm all for software updates but not at the pace that Apple goes.

Been running this setup now for several years and will run it until I
retire in a couple more.

OOPS sorry it was rhetorical ;-)

--

Cheers,