Paul via phone

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 1:10 AM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
>

> P.J. Alling wrote:
>> To be fair, the Canon has a better autofocus system with more focus
>> points spread over more of the frame, not to mention much better live
>> view focusing, faster frame rate, bigger buffer, a touch screen, (which
>> enables nose focus I would guess), and records video in 4K, all of which
>> are desirable to a lot of photographers.
>
> Yup. The K-1 is the best camera on the market for someone who wishes that
> their 35 year old K1000 was digital. Sure, it has all those niceties like
> autofocus, auto exposure and such, but to really get the best results from
> it, you very rarely want to rely entirely on its automatic modes. However, if
> you're willing to take your time, and carefully double check everything, it
> is probably the best performing camera on the market for anything close to
> the cost.
>
> For shooting action, arguably my K-3 is a much better camera, with the faster
> frame rate and much larger buffer.

Perhaps, but in shooting football and RC Motorsport I've found the K-1
continuous autofocus to be superior to that of the K-3. I'm probably going to
shoot football again so perhaps I'll give the K-3 a try. I have used it to
shoot road racing and got satisfactory results but seem to recall more missed
focus.