That is a symptom of lens flair, and it's caused by reflections within the lens that design and coatings haven't been able to completely eliminate. The fact that it's six sided means that your lens has a six bladed aperture. To not have this type of flair, don't shoot into bright light sources. Sorry not the advice you were looking for. The other thing you can do with this type of lens flair is make it part of your composition and just live with it. However on a good note you have found one of the limits of your lens.