Eric Weir wrote:
On Sep 30, 2016, at 3:10 PM, Paul Stenquist<pnstenqu...@mac.com>  wrote:

The bright spot should be shaped like the aperture. It's lens flare, caused by light
reflecting off internal parts of the lens. Use as long a lens hood as you can without
vignetting to minimize. Shooting from under an umbrella held to "flag" the sun
also helps. Finally, the best lenses with excellent coatings offer more flare resistance
than cheaper lenses. Most Pentax lenses have excellent coating.