On Tue, Oct 25, 2016, at 08:48 AM, ann sanfedele wrote:
> Ken - sometimes we take photos just to remember the moment..., when you
> know you won't have another chance... the geometry is nice enough here.
>
> My solution in this situation in days of film was to slap on a red
> filteron the camera with the bW film in it... Dan could do the same in
> photo shop and improve it quite a bit I think...

I agree with you, Ann.

In fact I photographed that exact same tree in 2013 during a quick stop
at the Rio Grande Gorge (heading for Alamosa). The light wasn't
wonderful when I was there either so I warmed it a tad in Photoshop.

Here's my memory of that stop-over:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1370864/_IGP2352-K5-1peso.jpg

(I might not have photographed it if it wasn't for the colourful ice
cream truck parked under it)

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters