On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

> I also decided to try an experiment with an LED modeling light in my strobe.
> I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but the incandescents get way too
> bloody hot, so I tried modding a 100W equivalent dimmable LED. If it works,
> I'll put one in all of them.

PCB warns against trying this with their strobes. They specifically
mention it about Alien Bees and Einsteins, so I don't know if the
caution also applies to the White Lightnings. The warning is that
their dimmers are only designed for tungsten bulbs.

FYI ...

Those hot modeling lights are just part of the cost of doing business
with these strobes. I only burn myself once in a while now. :)

The brand new Alien Bees -- called DigiBees -- have built in LED
modeling lights. And they have many Einstein features too. They are
looking great spec-wise, though I have yet to see one in the flesh.

--
-bmw