On 11/5/2016 8:17 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:
Apologies for the word filmic, but I wanted a snappy subject. I am
finally tired of trying to get any decent shots with a smartphone
which, despite being always available, nearly always disappoints me.

So what I'd like is pocketable and with the "feel" of an old school
film camera. That is, simple ergonomics. Simple interface, with
buttons and dials for the important most-used functions. I need
reading glasses to see closeup and I prefer devices I can work largely
by feel. Best if it has a viewfinder. Willing to consider EVF if I can
see it in the flesh and it convinces me.

I'd be okay with a fixed lens, but it would have to be a normal. 50mm
FF equiv. Subjects would often be landscape features, and the wide
lenses on smartphones just drive me nuts.

As a fellow Pentax user, what compact camera like this would you recommend?

If you have big pockets, the Fuji T-T2 with the 35mm lens would be an excellent choice.