On 5/11/16, Bruce Walker, discombobulated, unleashed:

>So what I'd like is pocketable and with the "feel" of an old school
>film camera. That is, simple ergonomics. Simple interface, with
>buttons and dials for the important most-used functions. I need
>reading glasses to see closeup and I prefer devices I can work largely
>by feel. Best if it has a viewfinder. Willing to consider EVF if I can
>see it in the flesh and it convinces me.
>
>I'd be okay with a fixed lens, but it would have to be a normal. 50mm
>FF equiv. Subjects would often be landscape features, and the wide
>lenses on smartphones just drive me nuts.
>
>As a fellow Pentax user, what compact camera like this would you recommend?

Easy.

Fuji X20.

X10 at a push if you want something cheap, the 20 is better.

The 30 has no optical viewfinder, preferring instead an EVF. I have no
experience with it. Ask Dave.

If I'm grabbing a single camera to shove in a jacket pocket and nothing
else, it's always the X20.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty