Great suggestions. One of the older Fuji's is probably what I'll get.
I see that the X20 can be had used for below $400 US.

I'd have been interested in the current X70 model if they hadn't
removed the viewfinder. Once again, no consideration for the millions
of reading glasses challenged folks.

And the X100T would sure be cool if it wasn't hobbled with a 28mm equiv lens.

Thanks everybody!

--
-bmw